Wednesday, December 12, 2012

McAfee and his anti-Belize rants....hurtful to the Belizean people?


A friend of mine emailed me a while ago...he was wondering if the John McAfee saga would hurt Belize. It appears the answer is a resounding "No" with possibly even the opposite effect. Go to http://news.yahoo.com/john-mcafee-just-got-jail-might-even-going-151302834.html ...not so much for the story, but for the reader comments. I'd say Belize comes out of this just fine.

It is noticeable on Mr. McAfee's own blog that all dissenting comments are "moderated" out. (When he first started the blog most reader comments were negative vs. McAfee).

I saw a McAfee news article on CNN on line the other day and went to the reader comments....almost all posts were negative vs. McAfee....almost as if they were of the opinion that McAfee was a few virus definitions short of a full software update. In fact, here's one of those articles...go to the reader comments and laugh! http://edition.cnn.com/2012/12/07/world/...?iref=allsearch

Mr. McAfee's attempts to hurt Belize (and by definition her people) with his endless blog rants seem to have had the opposite effect. A few days ago Mayor Danny Guerrero said he thinks this is the best thing to happen to Belize in years. He has a point.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, dear
    My companion has adulated your blog and I need to peruse your blog. There is a great deal of good data on your blog, I cherished understanding it and I figure individuals will get a ton of assistance from this (McAfee.com/Activate) blog. Sam, I have composed this sort of blog, I figure you will get a ton of assistance from this as well. I trust you like my blog, Users will get a ton of data from this blog. I trust you like my blog. I trust you got a great deal of assistance from this blog.

    ReplyDelete